- Figure 15 ice cubes per person for a 2-3 hour cocktail party
- Punch: 2 cups per person
- One keg of beer = 160 glasses
- One gallon of wine = 32 4oz glasses
- One bottle of wine = 8 4oz glasses
- One liter of liquor = 20 drinks using a 1.5 oz jigger
- Stock tank will hold 2 kegs or 336 cans (14 cases) of beverage with 60 lbs of ice.
Picnic Beverage Guidelines
For 150 people: 10 gallons iced tea, 8 gallons lemonade, 2 soft drinks per person.
How much liquor to buy for a party
To be safe – use Quarts for Fifths
|If You’re Entertaining||Pre-Dinner Cocktails You’ll Average||For a Party You’ll Average|
|4 People||8 to 12 Drinks (1-fifth required)||12 to 16 Drinks (1-fifth required)|
|6 People||12 to 18 Drinks (2-fifths required)||18 to 24 Drinks (2-fifths required)|
|8 People||16 to 24 Drinks (2-fifths required)||24 to 32 Drinks (2-fifths required)|
|12 People||24 to 36 Drinks (3-fifths required)||36 to 48 Drinks (3-fifths required)|
|20 People||40 to 60 Drinks (4-fifths required)||60 to 80 Drinks (4-fifths required)|
|25 People||50 to 70 Drinks (5-fifths required)||75 to 100 Drinks (5-fifths required)|
|40 People||80 to 100 Drinks (8-fifths required)||120 to 160 Drinks (8-fifths required)|
|To be safe – use Quarts for Fifths|
1 case (12 fifths) serves 50 people (182 drinks)
Plan on approximately 2 drinks per hour, per person. There are 28 drinks per quart of liquor in order of preference: Vodka — Scotch — Gin — Bourbon
- Allow one buffet line per 50 guests
- Allow one coffee station per 60 guests
- Fill coffee maker to desired level with COLD water.
- Add coffee according to manufacturers recommendations or chart below.
- Plug coffee maker into proper electrical outlet.
- Remove coffee grounds when coffee has finished brewing.
- Rinse coffee maker before returning.
- NEVER IMMERSE COFFEE MAKER IN WATER.
- 30-60 cups – 60 minutes
- 90-100 cups – 90 minutes
|Number of Cups||Coffee Measure|
|Brewed Coffee||Ground Coffee|
Note: One pound of coffee is equal to 4.75 cups of ground coffee.
Punch – For ease in serving, nothing measures up to a punch. And if the punch is properly made nothing measures up in flavor or elegance.